Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lights, Camera, Action!

WE HAVE A SET! I technically already said that my group and I will be filming in my house, but this time I will be showing some proof and talking about the lighting situation.

For the most part, my group and I will be filming in my garage. When we film we found it better to film at night so not much coverage is needed in the holes of the garage door. The set will mainly be dark with some flashlights and lamps be used for a more mysterious lighting scheme. In the photos below 2 hurricane flashlights are used, one LED and one covered with a red jacket. The LED gave off a slight blue tint which worked to our advantage to have a contrast in colors on set. We set the lights on either side of the garage to allow the lights to fill up more space. We have come to the conclusion that the LED light will be our primary lighting source because with the bright light our subject of the frame will be seen more easily than the other light. Also, the LED light allows for shadows to be sharply seen on the garage door which will help with the scene where the murderer “rips out” the victim’s heart from her chest.

Overall this lighting scheme worked better than we had expected. See below for how our set turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment